DOES YOUR ASSISTANT DO THIS?
DOES YOUR ASSISTANT DO THIS?
I am often asked if I have an assistant and the answer is yes. But before we even can go into a discussion of what he/she does it’s important for you to understand the logic of why you need one.
Yeah, I know that little voice in your head telling you “Of course Brian Sacks has an assistant because he is a big producer.” Go ahead and admit it. That’s your first step in fixing your issue.
LET’S LOOK A THE ISSUE FROM A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE FIRST.
Now I want you to answer these questions honestly and don’t try to fool yourself.
1. Is your production where you want it to be?
2. Could you be doing a better job with follow up?
3. Are you really making relationships with all parties in the transaction?
4. Is a good percentage of your business referrals and are you doing everything you can to generate those referrals?
THE NEXT QUESTION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE!
Do you know what your hour is worth and are you doing the tasks consistent with that value?
Let’s say you want to earn 100,000 a year and you want to work only 40 hours and take 2 weeks off like normal people do.
40 hours x 50 weeks =2000 hours /100,000 dollars
Your hour is worth $50.00
Good hope you are still with me here.
NOW THE BIGGER QUESTION.
Is what you are doing daily 50.00 an hour work or more clerical things. Or even worse, you may not be doing the follow up and other tasks at all and losing opportunities. Sorry, but here is some additional math.
Since I know you may “think” you can’t afford an assistant let’s play it out.
You have an assistant and you pay her 20.00 an hour for 40 hours a week which is
800 a week which approximately 3500 a month.
But because you are now freed up to market more you generate two additional 250,000 loans that you earn 100bps on.
Do the math. You are now 1500 positive and of course your business is running smoother and you are happier.
SO LET’S TALK ABOUT THE SPECIFIC TASKS MY ASSISTANT PERFORMS.
I think it will probably be easier for me to just list them out for you right here but I do cover most of them in my lounfairedge.com course as well.
- She sends letters to everyone I prequalify right after our first meeting.
- She files them and puts them into our CRM.
- She calls each of them monthly to check on their status and notifies the agents.
- For buyers who have issues she follows up with them and their agents to see how they are progressing.
- When a loan application is taken she enters both agents into my CRM and sends a nice introduction e-mail and letter to the agents.
- When a loan closes she
-Sends both agents another letter.
– Enters the file in the CRM as a closed loan.
– Sends out a survey to the buyers requesting a Zillow and social media review.
– Follows up with the buyers 2 weeks later and sends additional information and tools and requests referrals.
- Creates and sends out monthly newsletters.
- Creates and sends out quarterly letters to referral partners and closed loans asking for referrals.
There are actually other tasks she performs as well.
BUT STOP AND ASK YOURSELF!
Do you believe that all of these activities could help you generate one or two additional loan each and every month?
By now I hope you understand why I have said you truly can’t afford NOT to have an assistant regardless of your current production levels. This position will truly help you break that real or imaginary glass ceiling that is preventing you form taking your business to the next level.
ONE MORE IMPORTANT POINT!
The key to a good relationship with your assistant is communication so I want to give you a quick recipe for making it work.
1. Tell them what to do
- Tell them how to do it
- Tell them WHY to do it that way.
- Verify that It’s being done!Dedicated To Increasing Your Production,
Brian Sacks is an originator with over 34 years of experience and over 1.5 billion in career closings. He is also the creator of the LO UNFAIR EDGE System and author of the 48 Proven Ways To IMMEDIATELY Grow Your Production available at https://48waysbook.com/special